Calendars are an excellent way to utilize sharing schedules and time management features. However, users want to know how to integrate their calendars across various programs. So in this article, I will show you how to integrate calendars on SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- To add a new calendar in Outlook, click on the calendar icon on the left menu, select “Add Calendar,” then choose to “Add from directory.” Then you can select which calendar to integrate.
- To add a new calendar to Teams, copy and paste the calendar’s URL into a new “Website” tab in a teams channel.
- To add a new calendar in SharePoint, add a new web part to the site and select the option for “Calendar.” Then you can choose the calendar and assign it to the web part on your SharePoint site.
We’ve created a video that demonstrates how you can create a calendar in SharePoint and then sync this with Teams and Outlook, so you have the same calendar across all three platforms. Watch it here:
For more information on integrating Calendars on SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook, go to the guide below. To better grasp how to connect Calendars on SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook, I advise you to read through each section in its entirety.
- How to integrate a new calendar into Outlook from the directory.
- How to integrate a new calendar into Teams using the embed web method.
- How to assign a new web part in SharePoint sites to integrate a new calendar.
How to integrate a new calendar into Outlook from the directory
Below is a detailed guide on integrating your calendar into Outlook. If you are using the web version of Outlook, please go to Office.com and open Outlook from the app launcher.
- Firstly, open Outlook.
The process shown here will work on both the desktop and web versions of Outlook. If you don’t have the desktop version of the program downloaded, you can use the web version without issue.
- Click on the Calendar icon in the side menu.
On the left side of the display, there will be a list of Outlook icons to choose from. Here you need to select the option called Calendar.
- Choose the “Add calendar.”
- Now click on “Add from directory.”
- From there, choose the calendar you want to integrate.
- Choose a location where the calendar will be added and then click on “Add.”
- Check to see if Outlook added the calendar.
Once you have checked to see if the calendar in Outlook has been integrated, you will have managed to input your calendar details into the program. Outlook will automatically assign this information to your main calendar, and you will be able to view or edit the calendar information upon request. You must have permission to integrate the calendar if you are integrating it from another user account. Outlook will not integrate the calendar if you don’t have the correct permission to use the calendar.
How to integrate a new calendar into Teams using the embed web method
If you find that Microsoft Outlook does not fit the purpose of integrating a calendar within the program, you can use Microsoft Teams. Microsoft Teams offers it users a variety of different features, such as a live chat. To further utilize Microsoft Teams’ functionality, you can integrate a calendar. Please read the detailed guide below to help you with the process.
- Open Outlook first.
- Now select “Calendar” from the menu.
- The next step is to choose one of your calendars.
- Copy the calendar’s URL to the clipboard.
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- Select a team’s channel by clicking on “Teams” first.
- Select “Add a tab,” represented by a plus sign.
- Choose “Website” from the menu.
- Enter the tab’s name and the calendar’s URL.
- To finish the procedure, click “Save.”
Once the process is complete, you will have managed to integrate a calendar into Microsoft Teams. The program will automatically allow you to use the calendar from Outlook as a way to use the features from the calendar in Teams. As specified in the steps, you can integrate calendars into channels, making it easier to use group-based calendars within the program.
How to assign a new web part in SharePoint sites to integrate a new calendar
Integrating a calendar into SharePoint is the most difficult one of the three different platforms. In the previous two examples, the program used custom CSS to help rearrange content for better visuals on many devices. However, in this example, you can customize the entire web part containing the integrated calendar. Using a simple web part, you can use the guide below to help integrate a new calendar in SharePoint.
- Firstly, open Office 365.
- From the launcher, choose SharePoint.
- Select one of your SharePoint sites.
- Click on “Edit.”
- Hover between two sections of your side and click on “Add a new web part in column one.”
- Now choose “Group calendar.”
- Now click on “Edit web part.”
- Choose a calendar to complete the process.
Once you have completed the steps, you will have managed to integrate a calendar into Microsoft SharePoint. The calendar options are only limited to permissions settings enabled by other users who own the calendar. However, if you add one with permission, you will have no issue. The calendar display shows the week scale with all the events synced with the original calendar location. All the events are displayed for you to view and use.
Thank you for reading our content on integrating Calendars on SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook. I have provided the steps on how you can integrate a calendar on all three of the platforms. Of the select three methods, the one used on SharePoint is the most difficult as it requires additional features to ensure proper integration into the program. If you require further assistance with the steps, drop a comment below, and we will address them.