OneNote is a professional platform for collaborative note-taking in a personalized format. As a part of Microsoft’s Office 365 suite, NoteBook files can be stored on OneNote or SharePoint alike. Despite this, many users find themselves perplexed when attempting to move a document, originally stored on OneDrive, to SharePoint.
- Open your Notebook page
- Right-click your note’s page from the side panel
- Select Move or Copy
- Expand a notebook stored on SharePoint
- Select an existing note/page
- Select Move
The following guide intends to demonstrate how you can easily move an existing OneNote file from a OneDrive folder to a SharePoint folder.
- Moving a OneNote document from OneDrive to SharePoint
- Creating a OneNote notebook on SharePoint
- End note
PSST, HEY, YOU
Want in on insightful videos, the latest tech developments, and epic exclusive content? Get all this and more as a member of our mailing list.
Moving a OneNote document from OneDrive to SharePoint
Step 1 – Open your OneNote document and access note movement
Please ensure you’ve opened a file stored within a OneDrive folder if you’d like to properly follow the guide provided. If you’ve created a new file for the demonstration, please ensure you’ve added some content- we will need this to ensure your file was moved without issue. After opening a file, right-click your page within the right-side panel and select Move or Copy. Alternatively, use the shortcut Control Alt M on Windows.
- Get OneDrive for just $9.99 p/m with 6TB of storage!
Step 2 – Select the Note to move
Within the file move window, expand the notebook you’d like to swap over to and select a file within it. After doing so, continue by clicking Move at the bottom of the window. This will begin transferring your document to the same folder. (This will only work if the notebook is stored on SharePoint, else you’re just moving it to another place in OneDrive).
Step 3 – Verify the move succeeded
If the move functioned correctly, you’ll find that when you open the intended destination notebook, your note page is selectable from its side panel. An example is shown below.
Creating a OneNote notebook on SharePoint
After opening OneNote, navigate to the File page and select New. On the new file page, select your SharePoint directory. It should look similar to the directory highlighted below. Next, pick a folder for your Notebook. Lastly, enter a filename and click Create.
OneNote is a collaborative application intended for organized note-taking. As a part of the Office 365 Suite and Microsoft ecosystem, OneNote integrates well with OneDrive for business and SharePoint alike. Due to the relationship of the latter two platforms, the process involved with moving a document between the two services is quite simple.
As usual, this section is dedicated to thanking readers for their support. We’d be pleased to know you found this post useful and/or informative. If you have any more Office 365 related queries, please consult our related articles (listed below). However, if you have other queries, consider looking at the rest of the site. We’re frequently posting new stuff each week and may just have the guide or troubleshooting tips you need. Regardless, we wish you a good day/night. Farewell readers.
Our related articles:
- How to unsync SharePoint folder from desktop – When a user uses the OneDrive sync client to synchronize a SharePoint Document library, the whole library of files and folders is transferred to the user’s PC. It is not, however, simply replicated. Between the user’s PC and SharePoint, a two-way relationship is formed. Any changes in one location are immediately reflected in the other. This is unwanted behaviour if you intend to merely copy. As such we’ll be showing you how to unsync SharePoint.
- How to approve access requests in SharePoint Online – People can use the access request function to seek access to material that they do not presently have the authorization to see. As the site owner, you may set the functionality to send you an email whenever someone seeks access to your site. You can then decide whether to accept or reject their invitation. If you approve the request, you may additionally indicate the degree of authority you want to provide a user.
- SharePoint: can’t add site members: Causes and fixes – SharePoint servers as a collaborative document manager. As such, the collaboration-based functionality is about as important as the management functionality. Despite that, SharePoint may on occasion run into issues adding site members- in this blog we’ll be running through some causes and discussing fixes.
- What is the simplest way to transfer files from Google Suite to SharePoint? – If you’ve decided on switching from the Google Suite to the Office 365 Suite, you may be a little baffled as to how to go about it. Fortunately for you, we’ve got a better method than re-downloading and uploading everything one-by-one. Have a read to find out more.